The answer to riders' number one request, "Can we ride down the crookedest street?” is “Yes, you can!” Challenge yourself on this exhilarating fully narrated advanced tour, designed for guests with prior experience riding an i2 Segway. The tour scoots up Russian Hill, eases down the world’s “crookedest” street, explores North Beach / Little Italy, and glides along the waterfront. This new Advanced Rider Segway Tour incorporates more riding, bigger hills and a bit less historical narration than our beginning tours. All Advanced Tour guests must have a prior (2 hour minimum) tour riding experience in the past year on the i2 Segway with lean steer technology.
Your fully narrated tour will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay from the hills of the city.
- You Will Visit and See:
- Cruise through Aquatic Park and to the end of Municipal Pier
- See the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, great views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and unbelievable bay vistas.
- Climb the slopes of Russian Hill
- The affluent residential neighborhood's name goes back to the Gold Rush-era when settlers discovered a small Russian cemetery at the top of the hill. Enjoy sweeping views of Alcatraz, Coit Tower, the Bay Bridge, and the San Francisco Bay.
- Peek down Hidden Stairways and Paths
- See some of San Francisco’s 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian-only lanes.
- Climb past the Cable Cars to the peak of Lombard Street, the “Crookedest” street in the world
- Ride down the world’s most famous “crookedest street,” then cruise toward North Beach down the slopes of Telegraph Hill.
- Explore North Beach
- North Beach is the city’s most European neighborhood, with a predominantly Italian flavor. Recently honored as one of the 10 great neighborhoods in the country!
- Stop and see Saints Peter and Paul Church in Washington Square Park, the center of Little Italy.
- Return to the waterfront near Pier 39
- Pier 39 is home to San Francisco’s famous sea lions and is one of the top tourist attractions in the nation.
- Glide past the Historic Wharf Fishing Fleet
- See and smell the ocean as we scoot back to the starting point.
- Why Choose Us?
- Small tour groups for a personal experience.
- Go when you want. Lots of departure times. Book the most convenient time you want to go.
- The best Segway training around. Complete one on one training before your tour. For our foreign guests we offer training videos in 11 languages!
- Amazing tour guides. A great guide makes all the difference. Our tour guides rock!
- Each guest gets a radio receiver with earbud so you won't miss details about the sights along the way.
- On cold days we have jackets, hats and gloves to keep you warm and snug.
- It's fun! Riding a Segway is a blast. Come get your Segway smile!
One on one training and small tour groups make for a personal experience.
After a quick Segway refresher course, you'll explore the San Francisco hills with a fully narrated tour. Advanced Tours are limited to nine riders per guide.
April through October Daily 10:30 am
November through March Daily 3:00 pm
Closed on December 25 and January 1st.
All tours start on time, so please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. Extra departure times are added on busy days.
Activity is 2.5 hours including training. Refresher training is 15 to 20 minutes, We do not allow riders without prior Segway experience to go on this tour. During the busy summer season training time may be slightly longer.
Who Can Go?
All Advanced Tour guests must have a prior (2 hour minimum) tour riding experience in the past year on the i2 Segway with lean steer technology. Ages 12 and up over 100 lbs (45kg) and under 250 lbs.(113 kg) are welcome. No pregnant guests. Under 18 with parents or guardian. Full list of Advance Tour rider requirements listed below the BOOK NOW button. Please read before booking. We do not offer refunds or rescheduling if you are not qualified.